Monday 26 May 2014

Favicons and Ranger's Apprentice/Brotherband

   Has anyone noticed my new favicon? Clare designed it and I told her what I liked. It is a bit hard to see because it is so small, so I thought I would do a blog post on it.


This is my favicon...

   How do you like it? I have been doing a bit of experimenting with colours lately on my blog, just to annoy you Zach, you had just made your blog radar and my blog was blue at that stage, I just had to change it...

'Temptation got too strong, I decided to join you'~John Flanagan, Ranger's Apprentice 10, The Emperor of Nihnon-Ja 

  I have been wondering; does anyone know what Sarah's favicon is supposed to be? I have no idea what it is. I was thinking of changing my blog's background to look more misty-like. What do you think?

   Now off the topic of favicons...and into one of my favourite subjects...I really like John Flanagan's two series, Ranger's Apprentice and Brotherband. I have lately taken to 'liberating' (and returning) Daddy's iPhone from his pocket, without him noticing,  and  sneaking around, like Jesper in Brotherband. It is very fun... Tonight Clare told me that if she doesn't know where I am she expects that I am up every tree, or following her, or just watching her from somewhere... it sounds sneaky...but the thing is that I am sometimes watching her, from up a tree or round a corner...or somewhere else. But I'm not so sure about me being up every tree and if not there everywhere else, sadly I haven't mastered the art of being in more than one place at a time yet. If you haven't read the  Ranger's Apprentice or Brotherband series, I really recommend them. They are the sort of book that, after you pick it up you can't put it down until you are finished, and they are packed full of humour in the most unlikely places. They are also very quotable, my sister Alice and I quote them multiple times a day, a quote for every conversation...I have the books and I've read each one about...hmm let's see...about 10 times, at least...Ok maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration...but only a little bit.J

~ Jane, Misty Maiden

7 comments:

  1. I like it! The favicon is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... though it is a pity it is so hard to see, but I did tell Jane that would happen.... which is why I suggested her writing a blog post about it.

      Daddy does sometimes notice when his things are "liberated" though.

      Delete
  2. You would, wouldn't you.... < grumbling >Spend ages without a blog list and nothing happens, and as soon as I make one Everyone feels the need to change!...< /grumbling > *sigh*... Well, I'm not changing my blog radar until this 'experimenting' is over!

    So... why did you change to green and brown? That seems to me more of a 'The Earthy Mountain' and less of a "The Misty Mountain'...

    Oh, and Sarah's favicon was meant to be a sort of feather.... sorta...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is partly your fault Zach, on Sunday you asked me why I didn't have lots of green and brown on my blog...

      Delete
  3. I tagged you for the Sunflower Award over at my blog! :)

    HP

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so don't hesitate to tap one out! (doesn't even have to be in Morse Code)

And I always reply to them, so don't forget to check back!