Monday 6 July 2015

Ranger's Apprentice Prequel: The Tournament at Gorlan

Everyone celebrate!(Here is the sounds of great cheering and clapping and celebrations in general) There is a Ranger's Apprentice Prequel! The publish date is the 6th of October this year. And there is (finally) an Australian cover, although no doubt it in still under going several changes before the actual publishing...And here it is! I reveal to you, The Tournament at Gorlan, Book one of the Ranger's Apprentice The Early Years series.




"Before they became the most famous Ranger in the land and the hard-working Ranger Commandant, Halt and Crowley were young friends determined to change the world. 

The scheming Baron Morgarath is drawing other power-hungry knights and barons to his banner. King Oswald is wasting away and, if gossip can be believed, Prince Duncan is causing havoc in the north. 

Halt and Crowley set out to find the prince, uncover the truth, and re-form the weakened Ranger Corps. Once-loyal Rangers are scattered across the country, and it will take determination, skill, and leadership if they're to come together as one. Can the Rangers regain the trust of the Kingdom, or will the cunning Morgarath outwit them at every turn?"

I found the cover at the 'Random House Australia' site....I must say I'm quite pleased with myself for actually finding it! The web master must be a sneaky kind of person...(But I'm even sneakier!)

I've heard that there is going to be at least two books in the series. What's more I heard from a reliable source: the back of Scorpion Mountain, the latest Brotherband book.

I've been watching this since...umm..about early March...And now my waiting pays off. (I really should stop finding these things so early on, it would require less waiting then, but...I just can't help myself.)

The American cover has been out for a while but now the Aussie's is out! And I reckon it looks much cooler, although I am wondering who it is, he must be one of Baron Morgarath's men because he's got the lightning insignia on the shield. I guess it could even be Morgarath himself...(Dramatic and evil music plays here.)

If you're as excited as I am you'll be wanting to read some...and you can, you'll find an exert Here. Clare did already link to that in Her blog post, but you can always read it again! Who wouldn't want to read about Halt being gloomy?!

I really enjoy these books. They're not hard to understand or anything and the random bits of humour are quite...well...humorous. I really recommend them to anyone who hasn't read them. Warning: These are the books that made me like I am now, crazy in some people's view. But just forget about that, who cares anyway?!

Only 91 days left....

Fare Thee Well! (I actually got that from a Ranger's Apprentice book, from a song...About Greybeard Halt)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so don't hesitate to tap one out! (doesn't even have to be in Morse Code)

And I always reply to them, so don't forget to check back!